Registered Nurse – RN
Lake City, IA
Registered Nurse – RN – $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Provide clients with nursing services in accordance with their needs through assessment and observation, provide advice, and collaborate with the Director of Health Services, physicians, and nurses to provide the best possible care.
Duties and Responsibilities of RN
- Participate in the development, review, and update of an individual program plan as part of the Interdisciplinary Team process.
- Complete an initial assessment on each client and then quarterly thereafter
- Write an annual nursing evaluation on each client.
- In accordance with the physician, develop a medical care plan of treatment for a client when the physician has determined that an individual requires such a plan.
- Arrange quarterly a direct physical examination of each client, including a full visual examination and review of all body systems.
- Refer clients with health problems to an appropriate physician.
- Train clients and staff, as needed, in appropriate health and hygiene methods, infection control practices, and in detecting and reporting symptoms of illness or dysfunction.
- Instruct Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and non-licensed personnel who work with clients under a medical care plan.
- Schedule routine physical, dental, optometry, audiology, consulting specialists and laboratory appointments.
- Accompany clients on appointments and outings as needed.
- Ensure all medications and immunizations are administered to clients in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Maintain accurate patients’ reports and medical histories for clients.
- Administer medication and treatment to clients and observe for reactions or side effects.
- Supports nursing care standards through adherence to existing policies and procedures.
- Participates in peer review as appropriate
- Along with the Director of Health Services teach CMA’s to administer medications via g-tube
- In cooperation with the Director of Health Services and the hospice coordinating agency, nursing staff are jointly responsible for developing a coordinated plan of care based upon assessments and individual needs of the client/member and/or parent/legal guardian selecting hospice services.
- Train clients to self-administer medications as appropriate to their developmental levels.
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies.
- Participate in an established on-call system.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for clients.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Valid license in the state as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Valid Driver License.
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties
Status: Full Time
Salary: $60,000 – $76,000 Per Year
Industries: Healthcare Services, Nonprofit Charitable Organizations