Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
Lake City, IA
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you will help to improve the quality of life of another person; to make it richer and more satisfying for that individual. As a Nurse at Opportunity Living, you get to serve a higher purpose and be a part of an amazing team!
Opportunity Living, a non-profit provider of outstanding services to adults with intellectual disabilities, is currently seeking an Registered Nurse (RN) whose education, experience, dedication and leadership will provide continuing quality to our 30+ year old organization. We are seeking a caring, reliable candidate with a positive attitude, who wants to grow in their career and work in a fun, self-rewarding environment!
Benefits: We offer competitive salary & complete benefits package including extremely affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Life, 6 Paid Holidays plus one Floating Holiday per year, generous PTO, Paid Sick Leave, Education assistance, & 401(K) with an employer match.
Available Shift : Full-Time, 12-hour shifts 7am-7pm, every other weekend rotation with some on call requirements
Job Summary : Provide clients with nursing services in accordance with their needs through assessment and observation, provide advice and collaborate with the Director of Health Services, physicians, and nurses to provide the best possible care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, review, and update of an individual program plan as part of the Interdisciplinary Team process.
- Complete an initial assessment on each client and then quarterly thereafter
- Write an annual nursing evaluation on each client.
- In accordance with the physician, develop a medical care plan of treatment for a client/member when the physician has determined that an individual requires such a plan.
- Arrange quarterly a direct physical examination of each client/member, including a full visual examination and review of all body systems.
- Refer clients/members with health problems to an appropriate physician.
- Train clients/members and staff, as needed, in appropriate health and hygiene methods, infection control practices, and in detecting and reporting symptoms of illness or dysfunction.
- Instruct Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and non-licensed personnel who work with clients/members under a medical care plan.
- Schedule routine physical, dental, optometry, audiology, consulting specialists and laboratory appointments.
- Accompany clients/members on appointments and outings as needed.
- Ensure all medications and immunizations are administered to clients/members in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Maintain accurate patients’ reports and medical histories for clients/members.
- Administer medication and treatment to clients/members and observe for reactions or side effects.
- Supports nursing care standards through adherence to existing policies and procedures.
- Along with the Director of Health Services teach CMA’s to administer medications via g-tube
- In cooperation with the Director of Health Services and the hospice coordinating agency, nursing staff are jointly responsible for developing a coordinated plan of care based upon assessments and individual needs of the client/member and/or parent/legal guardian selecting hospice services.
- Train clients/members to self-administer medications as appropriate to their developmental levels.
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies.
- Participate in an established on-call system.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for clients/members.
- Valid license in the state as a Registered Nurse (RN) or as an LPH for that position.
- Valid Driver License.
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
**Opportunity Living must comply with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, which requires all employees who work with or near clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be asked to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status upon consideration for employment or you may apply for a medical or religious exemption at that time.**
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $28.00 per hour
Status: Full Time
Industries: Healthcare Services, Personal and Household Services