Echocardiography Technologist-Technician Job Responsibilities
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment, taking inventory of supplies, replenishing stock as needed, reviewing physician orders and patient schedules, readying recording equipment and inputting patient information.
- Manages patient stress by patiently explaining exam procedures, answering questions and providing ambulatory assistance.
- Positions patients, applies medical gels and electrodes, connects and adjusts equipment and verifies wave signals.
- Produces high-quality imaging by accurately positioning transducer, monitoring display, listening to signals, adjusting beam strength and focus, detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities, and recording images.
- Records examination details by printing data and graphics, producing measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity and comparing measurements to established norms.
- Observes all safety policies and protocols for patient protection.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by following established procedures to safeguard confidential information and advising others regarding possible breaches.
- The Cardiovascular Sonographer independently performs professional level assessments and a variety of non-invasive studies using ultrasound and related diagnostic technology as appropriate and records the results and clinical preliminary impressions as indicated. The results of these exams are used to direct the course of patient care.
- This position is a full performance Cardiovascular Sonographer with advanced knowledge of cardiac and peripheral vascular anatomy, physiology, and disease. All examinations are performed within standard protocols on adults, and occasionally on adolescents and pediatric age groups.
- Certified through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) certification preferred
Status: Full Time
Occuaption: Medical/Health Occupation *
Industry: Healthcare Services