Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Lake City, IA
$2000 Sign On Bonus for Part-Time, Full-Time, and Weekend Warrior Positions! New starting base pay!
Earn Shift Differential & Weekend Bonus Pay! **terms & conditions apply
Direct Support Professionals (DSP) Current Available Shifts
- 7:00 am-3:00 pm, 32 or 40 hours per week (includes full-time benefits)
- 3:00 pm-11:00 pm, 32 or 40 hours per week (includes full-time benefits)
- 11:00 pm-9:00 am, 4 days per week, 40 hours per week (includes full-time benefits)
- 10:00 pm- 8:00 am, 4 days per week, 40 hours per week (includes full-time benefits)
- PRN is flexible; choose your hours! A great option to earn additional income, or if you want the flexibility to work part-time to full-time hours that fit your schedule.
No experience is needed! If you have a positive attitude and want to help make a difference in the lives of others, we will train you!
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary & an excellent benefits package!
Affordable Health Insurance, Flexible Savings Account, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Free Life, 6 Paid Holidays with an Additional Floating Holiday, Generous Paid Personal and Sick Leave, Paid Maternity/Adoption Leave, Education Reimbursement, & 401(K) with an employer match.
Job Summary: These positions provide training and active treatment for clients, maintain a safe, secure and normalizing environment, provide routine care, and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
DSP Essential Duties:
- Provide active treatment through the involvement of clients in structured and leisure activities.
- Encourage participation in activities of daily living to the full extent of the client’s capabilities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Implement and document individual program plans as directed by the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Inform Senior Counselors promptly of all changes in the client’s status, behavior, and/or response to programming.
- Implement health care as directed by Health Services.
- Maintain the safety of clients through established safety procedures.
- Administer emergency first aid.
- Provide therapies according to departmental guidelines.
- Assist with bathing, dressing, tooth brushing, toileting, and other personal hygiene routines according to the client’s level of independence.
- Maintain a safe, clean, homelike environment by following established cleaning schedules.
- Serve as an advocate for client rights.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. High school students pursuing a diploma or GED will be considered.
- Must have sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
**Opportunity Living must comply with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, which requires all employees who work with or near clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be asked to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status upon consideration for employment, or you may apply for a medical or religious exemption at that time.**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $18.50 per hour
Status: Full Time
Salary: $13 – $19 Per Hour
Category: Customer Support/Client Care
Occuaption: General/Other: Customer Support/Client Care
Industries: Healthcare Services, Nonprofit Charitable Organizations