The Dietary Manager is responsible for the management of the overall operation of the food services for clinical patients, cafeteria, mobile meals and Independent Living Center. Additionally, the Dietary Manager serves as the organizational liaison and coordinator of dietary, housekeeping and maintenance needs for the residents of The Beck Independent Living Center.
- Maintains compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Knows aspects of all positions in dietary, routinely participates in department activities to assess staff knowledge, performance and department requirements.
- Oversees menu planning with appropriate staff.
- Monitors food/supply ordering and billing processes.
- Works with administration and staff to ensure state and hospital standards are met.
- Develops and implements an effective quality improvement program for the department.
- Coordinates the development and revision of department policies and procedures.
- Plans educational/in-service programming for the development of staff.
- Oversees cleaning and sanitation of the department.
- Communicates recommendations regarding physical environment, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains programs for sanitation and safety practices of department and coordinates MSDS sheets.
- Evaluates employees for annual review, salary increases, commendations and performance improvement.
- Participates in interviews, recommends selection and utilization of staff.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to communicate hospital and departmental issues. Demonstrates skills in selecting and training new employees, evaluating, coaching and disciplining.
- Oversees dietary special events, mobile meals coordinator and Beck Independent Housing meals.
- Prepares capital and operating budgets for department. Meets approved operating expense budget or accounts for any variances. Works with other departments to assure cost savings for the hospital.
Competitive wage and benefits offered include: paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, retirement program, tuition assistance, funeral leave, jury duty, flex spending, EAP, health and wellness program.
Status: Full Time
Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Occuaption: Restaurant Management
Industry: Healthcare Services