Activity Support Professional – Art Studio
Lake City, IA
Coordinate the activities and supervise the programs for the clients/members who come to the activity center.
- Ensure programs or activities planned for classroom areas are prepared and performed.
- Assist the Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) by providing input for programs for clients to be run in the activity areas.
- Inform the Director of Community Living, QIDP, and nursing staff of any problems with assigned groups, including health concerns, client care, and progress on client programs.
- Ensure that clients are actively involved in the day program in a functional and appropriate manner.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Teams (IDTs) as assigned.
- Implement and document individual program plans as directed by the IDT.
- Serve as an advocate for client rights.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients and staff by maintaining the confidentiality of records and personal information and following all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must be able to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Good leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required training such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Status: Full Time
Occuaption: Other Occupation *
Nonprofit Charitable Organizations