Assists the VP of Finance in processing all financial information needed to run the hospital.
24 to 40 hours weekly. Benefits eligible
A 2-4 year degree in accounting or minimum of two years of experience in accounting/finance with emphasis on general accounting experience. Demonstrated experience in financial closing activities and financial statement preparation. Good working knowledge of GAAP and willingness to learn a sophisticated accounting system.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and administration of general accounting activities of the organization.
- Prepare general ledger entries in conjunction with monthly closing processes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Effectively prioritize projects and tasks, efficiently delegate, coordinate, and utilize the resources within the organization and within the department’s budget.
- Develop and produce analytical/departmental reports as required or requested.
- Maintain financial security by following appropriate internal controls.
- Assist with the development and administration of the organization’s annual budget.
- Work with external auditors to prepare for and facilitate completion of annual financial statement audits and cost reports.
- Ensure departmental and organizational compliance with current accounting standards, hospital policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Preparation of departmental reports, and any special reports as requested by senior administration.
- Analyze and reconcile accounting data and transactions that require knowledge of the related hospital function, as well as any applicable rules and regulations.
- Various other duties assigned based on skillset, but may include accounts payable, bank reconciliations, monthly billings, payroll reconciliations, revenue/volume data preparation, and fixed assets.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with without continuous supervision. Must be able to complete tasks timely and accurately, and willing to take appropriate action when needed.
Competitive wage and benefits offered include: paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, retirement program, tuition assistance, funeral leave, jury duty, flex spending, EAP, health and wellness program.
Status: Full Time
Occuaption: Corporate Accounting
Industries: Accounting and Auditing Services, Healthcare Services